[ale] OT: Google Groups

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 17:36:54 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 17:31 -0500, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> All,
>
> I want to create a mailing list & wiki like environment for myself and
> neighbors.
>
> Ignoring the evils of Google capturing the data, is Google Groups a
> good way to go.
>
> Anything else I should consider?

If your neighbors are like most, AOLers, then an AOL Group may be a
better way to go as AOL provides seemless integration for them, as well
as for "outsiders" like yourself.  The question to ask your neighbors is
will the be more likely to use a Google (or other) group over something
built into their possible AOL desktop.

-Jim P