[ale] OT: USB Memory Sticks at Microcenter

S C C scc4fun at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 11:35:58 EST 2007

On 1/25/07, James P. Kinney III <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> wrote:

> DANG!!! I bought several of the 1G a few months back ans they were $15
> and the 2G were $35.
>
> I   n e e d   m o r e  !
>
> On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 19:39 -0500, Paul Borghese wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > I just returned from Microcenter (in Norcross) and they are selling 2
> Gig
> > USB memory sticks for $15.  They also have 1 Gig. version for $9.
> >
> > I currently use a 1 Gig stick as a persistent drive for the Ubuntu live
> CD.
> > How it works is you connect a specially formatted memory stick to the
> > computer then boot off the Live CD.  Any changes made to the file system
> are
> > written to the memory stick. Next time you boot, all changes, files,
> etc.
> > are restored from the memory stick.
> >
> > With a 2 Gig. memory stick I should have enough room to ditch the CD and
> > have Ubuntu boot directly from the memory stick ... now that is cool!
> >
> > Take care,
> >

> > Paul Borghese

> James P. Kinney III
> CEO & Director of Engineering
> Local Net Solutions,LLC
> 770-493-8244
> http://www.localnetsolutions.com

> <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>

When searching for a Microcenter closer to May-retta, I noticed that Google
Maps is pulling from ALE's archives to help verify its data. (See JPEG
attachment) It looks like ALE might have more influence to Google and
people's purchasing decisions than we might have thought, although it showed
it below an entry for Manhattan Associates (an ISV and IBM Business
Partner).

SCC

--
"Which mindset is right? Mine, of course. People who disagree with me are by
definition crazy. (Until I change my mind, when they can suddenly become