[ale] Strange start-up problems

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Thu Jan 25 17:57:32 EST 2007

yes and I still get nothing.  Actually I think it is my power supply.  2
sites that I went to on the internet suggested that the required power + 1/3
safety allowance should be around 840 or 890 watts.  The power supply I have
in there now is a 550 watt power supply (Ultra).  My setup is as follows ::

AccelerTech Arima HDAMC motherboard
4 case fans
2 AMD Opteron 246s @ 2.0 GHz ea.
4 sticks of 512 RAM for a total of 2 GB
5 SATA hard drives
1 Escalade RAID card for 4 of the hard drives
1 AGP GeForce GF FX5200 256 MB video card
1 nVIDIA GF2  MX400 PCI 32 MB video card in a PCI slot for a second monitor
1 Audiogy Sound Blaster 2 ZS sound card

The case is properly grounded as far as I can tell & there have been no
indications of a short.

- Greg