[ale] Files created by Perl

Mike Kachline mkachline at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 22:02:24 EST 2007

> I have a Perl script that generates a Web page on the fly.  In this
> script,
> I build some text files and same them to disk.

I assume you have validated that the perl script is actually being executed
(perhaps it generates an HTML "success" page which you are seeing in your
browser). If such is *not* the case, then, it would seem as if the perl
script needs to be placed in your cgi-bin directory.

Adding to the previous comments about permissions, if your web server is
running selinux, then, you may also need to "chcon" your new perl script.
Easiest would be ...

chcon --reference=/var/www/cgi-bin /path/to/myperlscript.pl

Check selinux contexts by running "ls -laZ". Your perl script should have
some sort of reference to being an "httpd_script".

  - Mike

--
Mike Kachline
mkachline at gmail.com