[ale] file name extension per Apache

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 09:34:33 EST 2007

Your Apache conf is probably set to read .php* through mod_php. I've noticed
some installs of Apache will even just guess if you put in filename (no
extension) and run the filename.ext.

WMM

On 1/24/07, Jerry Yu <jjj863 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did a backup of a PHP file under Apache's DocumentRoot. To my surprise,
> both  Apache 2.0/CentOS4 (AddType) and Apache 2.2/FC6 (AddHandler)
> executes the backup file (test.php.20070123). Thus comes a question, what
> is considered to be the extension for a name like a.b.c.d.e.f  Should it
> be b|b.c|b.c.d|b.c.d.e|b.c.d.e.f or either?
>
> http://localhost/test.php.20070123

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2