[ale] Linux box as a router w/DHCP

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 10:07:12 EST 2007

Aha. Yeah, I see now. So far I'm letting the modem/router I got from the ISP
handle that. My router just connects to it; the firewall rules on that side
don't need edited because I control both sides of that connection.

I reckon some day I'll have to do a little more work to make my ISP's box a
straight-through modem. Right now I'm doing two layers of NAT, which is one
more than I need.

-- CHS