[ale] [OT] [broken] maps from Micro$haft

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Sun Jan 21 09:46:34 EST 2007

On Sunday 21 January 2007 01:08, aaron wrote:
| Looks like M$ maps is a predictable waste of time and bandwidth.
| So why don't you want people to use the functional, innovative, Linux
| hosted Google Maps original again?

It never hurts to check up on the competition and see how they are doing.

If I had to guess and predict, I would suggest that this latest M$
product will only display properly on IE7 once it clears "beta."

But I would also posit that M$'s grip on OS dominance is slipping slowly
but steadily away -- not here in the good ol' U. S. of A., but in the
rest of the world -- especially the rest of the non-English speaking
world. More and more folks are discovering it is cheaper to retrain IT
techs than it is to continue paying M$'s high licensing fees.

Sean