[ale] rdesktop through a firewall?

Lane Oden lane.oden at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 14:44:26 EST 2007

RDP is vulnerable to a Man In the Middle Attack...

Last I checked, MS had no real plans to correct the issue.

RDP is encrypted as far as the actual data stream goes. However, the
information used to generate session keys is sent in cleartext and is
trivial enough to reconstruct.

Basically, an attacker on the wire between the source and destination
could, if he/she were so inclined, pose as your Terminal Services
server and sniff your passwords.

Tunnelling is never a bad idea. Be it via ssh or vpn...