[ale] Various Random Thoughts and Issues Regarding Wifi Adaptors

Brian Pitts bpitts at learnlink.emory.edu
Fri Jan 19 17:23:06 EST 2007

Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts wrote:
> Just as frustrating, there doesn't seem to be any resource
> where you can get good information on the web with respect
> to these adaptors. Admittedly, getting the information
> together would be a huge undertaking, and the manufacturers
> would quickly invalidate many findings, so the effort may
> not be worth undertaking. Still, if I may fantasize(sp?)
> for some more lines...
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported

Community generated, lots of entires, broken down by manufacturer. Lists
the specific revisions of cards and their level and mechanism of support.

Manufacturer cooperation would sure be nice. We should at least be able
to pick up a wireless card at a store and see the chipset used listed on
the packaging.

-Brian