[ale] [OT] maps from Microsoft

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Fri Jan 19 16:09:45 EST 2007

On Friday 19 January 2007 15:30, Jim Popovitch wrote:
| Those are site navigational buttons. ?What you want are map navigational
| buttons. ?Look at the navigational panel inside the upper left corner of
| the map. One of the image "buttons" shows tall buildings. ?Click it.

Jim,
I find this fascinating. My browser simply doesn't "see" this site the way
your's does.  I get a dinky map right out of a map book maybe 320 X 480
pixels. The "navigational panel" is on the right side next to a Microsoft
MapPoint logo and only allows me to zoom and move in eight directions. I
can't find a way to make the map any bigger.

This comes from "searching" for Atlanta, GA, (top box) and USA in the lower
box.  What I get from that "search" is an odd list of businesses in Atlanta.

If I try a search on Emory University, it tells me Emory is at 201 Decatur
St. SE. ??!!  That address is much closer to Georgia State than Emory, which
is miles from there.  The web site says its a "beta" site.

I believe it.

Sean