[ale] [OT] maps from Microsoft

ale list ale at gurlhax0r.org
Fri Jan 19 12:19:38 EST 2007

Jerry Yu wrote:
> I stumbled to Microsoft's "new" maps site. The image is of photo-quality.
> They really zoomed in! In comparison, Google maps is more like a
> low-resolution war map played on analog TV.  http://maps.live.com/

Maybe it's my old eyes, but the images look identical to me, expect the
google map colors are sharper.  It also appears to me that when I zoom
to the maximum, the images are identical in size.

I wonder how old the maps are.  Looking at my house, I see that my fence
is not in the image.  It's been there for at least 8 years.

It appears they are both using the same images as the arrangement of
vehicles in the driveways is identical.

--
Tina