[ale] HTML Mail (was: Re: ink expired?!?!?)

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jan 12 19:07:04 EST 2007

Agreed.  I would also like to add that you should remember this when
buying printers off eBay.  Especially inkjet.  I've heard that the shelf
life of a printer's head with ink is 6weeks after last print.  If you
print something and wait longer than 6 weeks there is a chance the heads
will be clogged.

In 1999 I bought an Epson off eBay and the heads were clogged due to
this reason.  There was ink in the printer but it had been a long time
since the original owner printed.  Usually this means throw it away but
Epson was nice and fixed it free. I just had to ship it to them.

I only own Epson inkjets for the main reason I guy buy cheap ink for
them.  I don't print photos either.  Simply documents.  I leave the
photos to the Fuji Frontier system at Wolf Camera.