[ale] slocate updatedb locked files?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Jan 12 17:03:45 EST 2007

The filesystems as noted were ext3 (local mounts - they are not even
shared out to other systems).  There were 2 different filesystems in the
2 separate events.   No fsck was attempted because running an fsck on a
mounted filesystem is not a good idea.   These were up and running
Production servers.  Reboot solves the issue (possibly because it does
an fsck due to being unable to umount on the shutdown).   My question is
more about what causes the issue than how to resolve it.