[ale] Dymo labels

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 01:49:20 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 13:13 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> or alternatives?

It would really depend on what the end use of the label maker is going
to be.  Is it going to be used by a single person?  Multiple people?
Low load?  High load?  Most places I've seen that use label makers use
one of two types:  the type with the metal imprinting thingy on black
"tape" which produces raised letters that are white from the
discoloration of the bent (plastic?) tape, and the little label maker
machines that are independent of any computer and cannot even be hooked
up to one.  They're mostly useful for low- to medium-load work, though,
and I am not sure what one could recommend for something that would need
to be a shared, high-yielding thing like this.

    -- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
                    fd0man at gmail.com
              fd0man at livejournal.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!