[ale] Laptop Repair OT

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 6 09:48:42 EST 2007

Look at this page, and remember that all you have to do is find a laptop
that uses the same OEM power supply as your does to be able to use this.

http://sturgeon.apcc.com/techref.nsf/partnum/990-1579C

Here is a link to the full manual for the device, and it gives a bit
more detail.

http://sturgeon.apcc.com/techref.nsf/partnum/990-2654

This power supply provides a wide variety of output voltages, plus a 5v
USB power source, and had interchangeable tips to match the output to
the configuration of the input receptacle of your laptop.

The input voltage is auto sensing, and all that's required to connect it
  is to attach the correct plug module to the cord.

The link site that I sent is to a reliable e-commerce site that has good
stocks of equipment, and I've bought a lot of stuff through them over
the years. I've never had a complaint.

Dan