[ale] Remote Shell Question

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 19:09:55 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 14:27 -0500, Matt Kubilus wrote:

> export an NFS share with the script on it.  Then you can execute the
> script from a remote machine just like it was a local file.

Assuming that one has root access to mount the NFS share, this could
work, sort of.  I know that in my old situation, the problem with that
solution was that the $HOME was NFS-mounted, and we weren't even
permitted to have the scripts there because that was someone's idea of
modifying the system.  I don't really know from what alternate computing
universe those people who made that decision came from, but it wasn't a
sane one, I don't think.

    -- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
                    fd0man at gmail.com
              fd0man at livejournal.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!