[ale] Installing Linux on laptop on New Years Eve

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 12:36:37 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 14:36 -0500, Matt Kubilus wrote:

> FYI, I found Ubuntu to be the most laptop friendly distro when setting up mine.
>
> Sounds like the CD boots in INT13 mode, but has an issue when it
> switches to using the linux driver (or lack thereof).

I have found one distribution that is even more laptop-friendly, as well
as has updated software:  Linux Mint (easily findable with Google).  The
GNOME NetworkManager applet actually works on my laptop now, unlike in
Edgy, where it failed to work and persistently said "Networking
Disabled" no matter what I tried.

    -- MIke

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
                    fd0man at gmail.com
              fd0man at livejournal.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!