[ale] Authentication solution for Linux/Windoze environment

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Jan 3 12:01:24 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 11:41 -0500, John V. Harding wrote:
> Greetings,
> I currently manage a small (~40 nodes) Linux network in an engineering
> environment. We also have a Windows network with about the same amount
> of nodes. I currently use an NIS server running on Redhat 8 for Linux
> and Windows Domain Controller for the windows network and bridge the gap
> with Samba for file sharing

Plop the entire mess onto Samba. It can support being the PDC for the
winders (computer challenged) crowd and can also authenticate Linux
users using the same backend ldap setup.

Look into Fedora Directory Server for the ldap backend solution.

--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>