[ale] fopen( fn,"rt" )?

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Jan 2 15:01:26 EST 2007

Where are you reading "t" ?

>From fopen(3)
       r      Open  text  file  for  reading.  The stream is positioned
              at the beginning of the file.

       r+     Open for reading and writing.  The stream is positioned
              at the beginning of the file.

       w      Truncate  file  to  zero length or create text file for
              writing. The stream is positioned at the beginning of the
              file.

       w+     Open for reading and writing.  The file is created  if
              it  does not  exist, otherwise it is truncated.  The
              stream is positioned at the beginning of the file.

       a      Open for appending (writing at end of file).  The file
              is  cre-ated  if it does not exist.  The stream is
              positioned at the end of the file.

       a+     Open for reading and appending (writing at end  of
              file).   The file is created if it does not exist.  The
              initial file position for reading is at the beginning
              of the  file,  but  output  is always appended to the end
              of the file.