[ale] [OT] Weird Trick to make Debit Card Scan

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 10:59:47 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 08:51 -0500, tom wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> >
> > Was your debit card still inside the bag when you tried again?
>
> Yes. You swip the card through the card reader while still in the plastic
> bag.

I'd have to agree with Chris B. on this one, it probably has more to do
with adding "thickness" to the card so that it would "swipe better" in
the reader.  If you want to confirm the theory, just put 2 pieces of
scotch tape on the opposite side of the card from the mag stripe.  Then
go see if you still have problems with the card at that same store. :-)

(Perhaps you could return what you bought yesterday, then buy it again,
so that we can get two tests. :-))

-Jim P.