[ale] ALE / ATLAUG Asterisk Build-In Event

Steve Henke stevehenke at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 27 22:55:33 EST 2007

Greetings Fellow Linux Enthusiasts,

I would like to discuss an Asterisk Build-In event that could be jointly
presented by ALE and the Atlanta Asterisk Users Group
(ATLAUG)(http://www.atlaug.com).

At the January 30, 2007 ATLAUG meeting we considered organizing an
Asterisk Build-In event and we recognized the value that ALE could bring
to that event in order to best serve the community.

Asterisk is an Open Source (and most often Linux based) IP Telephony
solution that is scalable from home to large business applications.
Details are at http://www.asterisk.org. Our members use Asterisk for
everything from home telephone systems to large business applications. In
addition to providing traditional (but IP based) voice telephony services,
Asterisk can deliver converged messaging, automation and telemetry
services via a wide variety of fixed and wireless devices.

I would be glad to make a  presentation to ALE to explain and demonstrate
the current state of the Asterisk project.  This would enable ALE members
to know what to expect and what to bring to a Build-In so they can leave
with a working system that does what they want.

We could use our mutual resources to organize, publicize and produce a
great Asterisk Build-In event for the Atlanta area.  Would ALE like to
join us?

Sincerely,

Steve Henke, Member
ATLAUG
stevehenke at bellsouth.net

P.S. We had a great meeting tonight and tentatively picked the date of
Saturday, April 28th for the install fest.