[ale] VM ?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 13:41:48 EST 2007

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 February 2007 08:39:47 am Geoffrey wrote:
>>> hmm... my DELL didn't come with a CD, it's on that stupid rescue
>>> partition.
>> There should be an option to create the rescue disk.
>
> I looked all over and didn't find that option.

make sure you check it once it is made.  some systems actually make a
ghost image and call it a rescue disk.  although it puts the machine
back to factory state, all installed software and personal data goes
bye-bye.

i still make a couple of partitions for windows installs.  one for
software and another for data (bookmarks, address book, e-mail,
documents, etc.).  i am paranoid like that...