[ale] KDE desktop screwed up

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Tue Feb 27 07:37:34 EST 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 04:14:28 am Steve Brown wrote:
> Been there before Paul! Typing 'kwin --replace' in the terminal should have
> you good to go. That'll start kde's regular window manager even if there is
> another one running (in your case, possibly emerald).

wow!! that worked!
but I did it in a terminal window, and when it didn't give me my command
prompt back, I did a CTRL-C, then my windows CRASHED, and again lost the
windows icons for min/max/close!

I just ran it in my wifes logins, using the RUN command, it worked!
thanks!!!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800