[ale] OT: Stupid Windows Trick

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Feb 23 08:59:00 EST 2007

A lot of the TCP/IP stuff has been um... borrowed in Windoze.   I've
heard (but can't confirm) that in fact the Windoze telnet originally had
GNU comments in it even though M$ had claimed it was their own.

Some other commands that work at the DOS command prompt:
netstat, route, ping, nslookup, telnet and ftp.

There are probably others.