[ale] Monochrome PC & small distros

Brian Pitts bpitts at learnlink.emory.edu
Wed Feb 21 23:24:39 EST 2007

Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts wrote:
> I have suitcase PC it has a built-in amber monitor with a 486SX25 MB, 32
> megs of Ram, a 212 meg HD 14,4 modem, and a 10 base NIC.(no mouse) It
> has had DOS 6,2 on it and I managed to get Red Hat 5.2 "CLI" on it but
> there wasn't much room left on HD. I hate to throw it away, everything
> still works like new!

I used deli linux back during the 0.6.x series and found it quite
friendly yet lightweight. It's currently based on uClibc 0.9.28, Kernel
2.4.33.3, and Xorg 7.1.  The developer's test machine is a 486 laptop
with 16MB of RAM.

http://delili.lens.hl-users.com/

Of course, I wear Damn Small Linux around my neck every day, so I'd
hardly recommend against trying it too.

-Brian