[ale] OT: step into the wayback machine!

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Feb 21 07:27:40 EST 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 20:23, Jim Philips wrote:
> http://www.coin-operated.com/projects/forwardcomp.html
>
> Just in case you have a deep nostalgia for the tweet and buzz of your old
> modem.
My cablemodem & router are on the desk where I sit.. It is plenty just to see
the lights, I don't need a modem sound to remind me I'm online. I have enough
friends around here that are still dialup, if I need a fix, I can go visit. I
have one friend who is dialup, and I had to go fix his setup recently. Seems
something new in either AOL software downloads, or Nortons firewall broke,
and he couldn't dial out anymore. I did a google search and found LOTS of
people with the same problem, so I switched him to another firewall, and he
is happy! He is 79 years young, so I doubt he would be interested in
switching to Linux, at least he does email!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800