[ale] Adding drivers to FC 6 for install?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Feb 20 15:12:56 EST 2007

I'm trying to install FC 6 on old Dell 6300 which has the PERC2/SC RAID
Controller for its SCSI drives.

It worked on RH 7.3 and I've found a post suggesting the driver is not
in the 2.6 kernel.

Is there a way to tell it to use the driver originally made for the 2.4
kernel during the install of a 2.6 kernel distro?

By the way - Google shows other people talking about the Dell 6300 and
PERC but they are talking about an Adaptec PERC card not the PERC2/SC
which is a Megatrends PERC card instead.