[ale] Mac powerbook G3

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 07:29:37 EST 2007

Have a try at holding down the "alt" key during boot (as soon as you
hear the "boOoOOOoonnnggg".

It should bring up a listing of all drives OpenFirmware sees.

Also, just for completeness...

Zap your PMU:

Zap your PRAM:

Calibrate your battery:

Get a handle on which model you have (Apple refers to them by name in
documentation)

Some of that refers to the G4 series (because G3 is now so old in the
Powerbook line).  However, the keystroke combinations should work.

The Powerbook Line's Manual page: (once you know your model)
http://www.apple.com/support/manuals/powerbook/

Finally, the Powerbook G3 Forums:
http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=121

I hope some of that was helpful.  I find most of my help when I want
to do something "non-Apple" to my Powerbook from the forums.

Let me know if you need anything else.

--Jerald