[ale] ssh over Cygwin

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Thu Feb 15 19:22:05 EST 2007

Hi,

I have sshd running great on Cygwin on Windows 2003, but only for
administrator.  I have two other users for R and D, xxx and yyy.  So xxx
and yyy are not excepted over The Internet.  I changed xxx to be an
administrator in the Windows environment and now xxx works with ssh.  I did
an ssh ?v <mailto:yyy at 126.23.43.23>yyy at 126.23.43.23.  Everything went well
through the password (i.e., the password is accepted).  So the problem
happens after getting through the password phase.

The following is the extra output that I get with ssh ?v when I try to use
user yyy as opposed to using user xxx.

debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype exit-status reply 0
debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
Connection to 126.23.43.23 closed.
debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 45 bytes in 0.6 seconds
debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0, stderr 77.5
debug1: Exit status 128
[root at dell ~]#

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,