[ale] How to check files on CDROM?

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 17:14:17 EST 2007

I don't think it is too late to use checksum. Here is how I usually does for
my backups

   - for files on disk

cd  /MyPictures && find . -type f -iname "*.jpg" -exec md5sum {} \;  | sort
> md5sums.disk

   - for files on CD/DVD

cd  /mnt/cdrecorder && find . -type f -iname "*.jpg" -exec md5sum {} \;  |
sort  >> md5sums.cd

   - compare the checksum

diff md5sums.disk md5sums.cd  | less

You need to repeat step 2  for all CDs and to re-sort md5sum.cd file after
all CDs are done.