[ale] Cannot write to blank CD-R

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Tue Feb 13 19:57:00 EST 2007

I have just installed FC6 on my box. I also have Ubuntu 6.06 on the same
box. I went to write an iso image onto a blank CD-R utilizing the CD/DVD
writer app in Nautilis, it'll start to attempt initialize the disk, but
then will fail with the message indicating that there is the wrong media
in the drive. I tried Brasaro another CD/DVD burner software and got the
same results. I then tried GnomeBaker and it just worked fine. My
question is, what's the difference? Are they all just GUIs using the
same command line cdrtools?