[ale] usb external drive recommendations needed

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 10:49:56 EST 2007

as the subject indicates...

i am having to do some video editing and conversion (VHS and 8mm to DVD)
of my daughter's birth / birthday's / etc. for my ex-wife so i will need
a sizable drive and would like it reasonably portable so maybe it could
fit into my backpack with my laptop.  a good deal would be high up on my
list too...

also, has anyone had issues with syncing, data loss, etc. with using usb
external drives?  having one of these large files corrupt because of
some transfer issue would not make for a happy day.