[ale] DVD burning on CentOS 4.4 using xcdroast

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 12:39:35 EST 2007

hi, there,
I used to use xcdroast + cdrecord.prodvd to burn month-end backups onto DVD
on CentOS 4.4. This month, I was told the DVD keys expired again.  The
README on the author's FTP site doesn't have a new key. Instead, it said use
updated cdrtools instead. Xcdroast's site instructed to cp cdrecord to
cdrecord.prodvd.  However, I still didn't get drop-down to select media
longer than 99 minutes.

Question

   - anybody has xcdroast working on CentOS 4.4 recently?
   - other quickie GUI? I guess I could try cdrecord manually, if it
   supports DVD natively now.