[ale] Linux Kubuntu install

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sat Feb 10 16:31:35 EST 2007

I was at my sons house last weekend. I wanted to show him Kubuntu 6.10, so I
fired up his PC with that CD in it. I showed him a few features and said his
older PC would probably run better with linux on it... SO, I started the
installation process. Mt son has a 2-HD setup on his Dell desktop. The
original HD is all ntfs M$-XP. then he has a 200 Gb HD partitioned into a few
NTFS partitions and he had one small 13Gb partition that was almost empty. I
wanted to use it for "/". The problem is, I didn't have any space to create a
swap partition, without removing an existing partition and making 2 smaller
ones.
	I backed out of the installation, and rebooted windows. Windows wasn't the
same. At that point he tried to reinstall windows, but it said the version on
the HD was newer than what he had on the CD. It was really the same version..
A week later he finally gives up and reinstalls windows, just to get back to
where he was. He SWEARS it was the linux install that screwed up his windows
partition ( removing files? ). Is that possible? He still wants to install
linux soon, but first he wants to get all his windows apps reinstalled..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800