[ale] ramblings of a rpm session from hell

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Fri Feb 9 16:16:11 EST 2007

Oh boy that sounds familiar. As far as installing hplip, I've never had
problems since the very 1st time installing it, I think around 0.6.x.
And now that some one has rolled it into a script run file it's even
easier until I attempted this time with FC6. My earlier installs were on
Suse, Ubuntu, and a couple other distos that I can't remember. I'm
beginnig to think that it has something to do with the i686 kernel, and
as I don't have either ATI or Nvidia video controllers, I might just try
downgrading to i586 and see if my troubles go away.

I've also noticed that FC tends to discourage using Reiserfs, and I'm
not sure why. Any thoughts on that?