[ale] RHES daylight savings time patch

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Feb 9 15:20:16 EST 2007

Right.  Some platforms don't actually have timezones in the OS - OS/400
for example.

Sun has a tzupdater for 1.4x versions of JRE/JDK.  They also have a
1.3.1-18 (I think that's it - check with Sun) version that has the new
zone information.   No fixes for earlier versions.

Apps that are heavily dependent on Java should probably be examined.
Here we use Oracle E-Business and Oracle has a lot of information about
DST implications.  In some scenarios it doesn't matter and it others it
does.