[ale] SUSE 10.2 w/Nvidia

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Thu Feb 8 13:22:43 EST 2007

> I installed the latest NVIDIA driver, ran sax2 to configure it, now I
> no GLX visuals available

In xorg.conf change "nvidia" to "nv" for the 'generic' drivers..

You may have to do some xorg.conf tweaking
depending on your video card and the "nvidia" driver.

Mine (nVidia GeForce4 448 on a HP zd7000 laptop ) needed:

  Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "True"

added to the Screen section.

  You may also, depending on your card need:

  Option "AddRGBGLXVisuals" "True"

and you may...
in a section called Extensions (Create it if it does not exist to try it)

   Section "Extensions"
     Option "Composite" "Enable"
   EndSection

Most of the clues on my system were in /var/log/Xorg.0.log