[ale] Water levels

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 01:35:07 EST 2007

Killing time on a late Saturday waiting for the computers to get done.

Started looking at Laniers water level.

http://water.sam.usace.army.mil/acfframe.htm

Up a smidgen yesterday, so we haven't lost any in a week or two, but
haven't really gained either.

But look at West Point lake and Lake George.  Both fed by the Chattahochee.

All 3 lakes, including Lanier, have 30 - 40 thousand acres of surface
area at their current depth, so 1 foot change at one is the same
amount of water as a foot change at another.

Lake George is up 3' in the last 3 weeks.

West Point Lake is up a 1.5' in the last week or so.

I haven't heard anything about this in the news.  Certainly should be.
 At a minimum that is a bunch of water we won't have to send from
Lanier down to Florida.

Hell, that means Aaron can start taking showers and flushing his toilet again.

And an early Happy New Year to all.

Greg