[ale] OT - Smart Phone [AT&T]

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Wed Dec 26 08:33:21 EST 2007

David Tomaschik wrote:
> I'm a current AT&T customer, but I'm looking for a new phone, and would
> like to move into the smartphone market.  I'd like to find something
> that supports bluetooth (PAN for Internet connectivity to my laptop),
> WIFI, and has a full qwerty keyboard.  I'd also like it to have a
> micro-SD slot for memory and video/audio playback capability.  One more
> thing: I'd like it to play well with Linux for internet, file transfer,
> and addressbook/calendar synchronization.  The last bit is that, as a
> college student, I don't have a whole lot to spend on this,
> unfortunately.  Any suggestions of a phone?

I have been pleased with my Treo 680 which does all you ask above,
except wifi.  I have not done the internet connectivity to my laptop,
but it is supported as well.

The only downside to the treo 680 is the battery life.  I purchased and
extended battery from seidio and that has resolved that issue for me.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin