[ale] Free Ubuntu Desktop Training Material

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Sat Dec 22 22:17:31 EST 2007

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Training

It's a ten lesson, 400 page book. I'm downloading the 72MB pdf now.

 From Mark Shuttleworth's blog:

We think the key ingredients are:

* Use of an open format (Docbook)
* Content source available in a public Bazaar repository
(https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-desktop-course)
* Licensing under open terms (CC-BY-NC-SA)
* Working with the Ubuntu doc-team, who have a wealth of experience

The license is copyleft and non-commercial, so that it is usable by any
person for their own education and edification with the requirement that
commercial use will involve some contribution back to the core project.

It?s already a 400 page book which gives a great overview of the Ubuntu
desktop experience, a very valuable resource for folks who are new to
Linux and Ubuntu.

We are getting to the point where we can publish a ?daily PDF? which
will have the very latest version (?trunk?) compiled overnight. So
anyone has free access to the very latest version, and of course anyone
can bzr branch the content to make changes that suit them.