[ale] Speaking of AT&T DSL

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Dec 13 11:24:43 EST 2007

jtholmes wrote:
> I use to work for AT&T and we had great services at that time
> (not because of me but because we were just a Great Company).
> Now I occasionally find that my DSL is down for no particular
> reason (even more often than with BS). Also, if you can get
> someone on the line that can speak correct and understandable
> english you simply jump for joy.
>
> In a related service call to my companies support chain a person
> asked me for a pos-tel code. I finally had her put the supervisor on
> the phone and he said she wanted my Zip code. Such is the
> problem we face with foreign support personnel.
>
> However, I find that
> the entire supply/support chain in slowwwwwwly   falling apart,
> no matter what the service or product is.

Remember it's not the same AT&T.  It's actually a company that bought
AT&T and kept their name.  As a retired AT&T employee (27 years), I'm
greatly dismayed by the drop in service overall.

I just upgraded my TREO 680 with an upgrade SPECIFICALLY for AT&T
customers.  In the notes it says this upgrade supports mp3 ringtones.
So after the upgrade I go to the ringtone configuration to set up my mp3
ringtones.  No such option.  I contacted AT&T support,  she puts me on
hold and CHECKS THEIR website and returns to tell me it's not supported
according to the website.  I had a fruitless discussion with her until
she said she'd connect me to a technician, who basically said the same
thing.

I'm simply sickened and disgusted by the NO-customer service.

--

Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin

--