[ale] Geocaching, Linux, and appropriate GPS

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Tue Dec 11 12:07:26 EST 2007

On 12/11/2007 at 8:05 AM Denny Chambers wrote:

>>You might want to avoid a Garmin brand-new, as it seems they like to
>nickel-and-dime their customers.
>
>I wouldn't tell anyone to avoid Garmin, just know what your buying in
>to.

Well, you are right.  I should have limited that statement to their entry-level or consumer-level models.  ;c)  And no, there's nothing wrong with those models either, it is the business practices used at that level that people should view critically.

Cheers,
Robert~

   * Microsoft is NOT a standard. *

SIXIT Consulting