[ale] OT - Portable Drive

Ned Williams nedj10 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 09:42:01 EST 2007

The WEIRD thing about this thread is that I am currently working on a job
site in Detroit and I walked past a cube this morning with the PAN Am pic of
the HDD enclosure on the fork lift stuck up on the cube wall...weird I tell
ya.

ON a slightly humourous and potentially unintentional flame bait note...The
IBM history page on the 305 notes it was created to eliminate punch card
drums...so perhaps with all the hooplah over the current electronic voting
systems and verifiably paper trails..we should just tear em out and haul in
a few 305's..that way we can actually WATCH the individual votes being
written to the disc platters.

gives a new meaning to "fork lift upgrade"

Ned