[ale] Squid for Kids

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Dec 10 08:58:47 EST 2007

Good Morning,

Does anyone here have any leads on some good write ups on how to
implement Squid for kid friendly surfing?  I have a friend who wants to
to install a PC in his Sons (10yrs) room and I suggested that we attach
him to the network and use Squid to filter his web access.

One idea I had was to program SQUID to only allow him to a list of
sites.  This would mean that someone would have to keep updating the
list.  I guess I could write a program that my friend could access via a
web browser that would allow the parent to modify the list via a
password.

Chris