[ale] LaTeX question?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sun Dec 9 14:22:17 EST 2007

I have been wondering something, and I am hoping maybe someone here
might have run across the answer.  One of the things that my school
requires is that I turn in assignments online in one of the Microsoft
Office formats.  90% of the time, I wind up using OpenOffice Writer to
do my homework, which is okay for small assignments, but with as much as
I have been using LaTeX (and more recently, XeLaTeX), I am kind of left
wondering if it is possible to turn (Xe)LaTeX documents into Microsoft
Word documents.

Basically, I would like to be able to typeset my papers and generate a
PDF and (for the school's benefit) Microsoft Word documents.  They then
turn around and feed the document to a plagiarism checker and other
tools that only work on MS Word documents.  Ideally, they should accept
PDFs, but that won't likely ever happen.

Any ideas?

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us