[ale] FC8 configuration of sendmail

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Dec 4 09:56:02 EST 2007

I'm trying to configure sendmail on a server like BellSouth has
configured their servers.

Many of us travel and when we do we have to configure a local SMTP
server to do the relay.  In some cases that it not possible.  One of my
sales reps uses BS and they have a user/pass configuration where when
they travel they can send mail from anywhere.

I have a stock FC8 install.  In Evolution I've told my client that the
server requires authentication.  When i send mail I get "Relay denied"
error messages.  What do I need to configure or add to make this work?

Chris