[ale] dell laptop keyboard

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Fri Aug 31 22:23:13 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 19:31 -0400, William Bagwell wrote:
> On Thursday 30 August 2007, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> >snips
> > Getting the
> > phillips head through airport security proved tricky, but legal.
>
> Sigh, I remember the good old days...
>
> Very early 80s, I made a series of three round trips between Atlanta and El
> Paso. The engineer I was traveling with (I was a technician at the time)
> had a small assortment of tools in his brief case. Only once, of the six
> times, through security were the tools even noticed. He was simply asked
> to produce a business card and then allowed through with no further
> questions.

My solution was to call it, and it was (albeit a bit large), an eye
glass screw driver.  You have all most likely seen this type of screw
driver, you can usually get them in a set of 5 or 6, in a clear and blue
plastic case, usually used for work on small devices.  I believe the set
is sold at Radio Shack.  Note: I did first check to make sure the
screwdriver would fit my eye glasses.

-Jim P.