[ale] dell laptop keyboard

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Thu Aug 30 16:57:09 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 05:29 -0700, Bruce wrote:
> Good luck. I'll be doing the same on my 11 year old
> son's R60 Thinkpad. Kids and laptops don't mix.

:-)  Just 2 days ago I replaced my T60p keyboard and touchpad, in a
hotel bar no less.  Lenovo Support coordinated shipping the parts to
meet me at the hotel (where I was headed on business).  Getting the
phillips head through airport security proved tricky, but legal.

> (anyone thinking of buying one - the wireless on my
> oldest son's R51 is great, but the wireless on the
> R60s is horrendous - you have to almost be in the same
> room as the WAP!).

Does your R60 have the Atheros or Intel chipset.  I've never like the
Atheros... but Intel's has always worked well for me in tpads.

-Jim P.