[ale] Audio Question

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 30 13:45:31 EDT 2007

Bj?rn Gustafsson wrote:
> Probably not what you want, but the rdesktop client does this by
> default when you log in to a Windows box from Linux.  It can be a
> little laggy sometimes.
>
> On 8/30/07, Calvin Harrigan <charriglists at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> I was wondering, has anyone ever come across and application that runs
>> on windows which takes whatever audio is being played and forward it
>> over a network to a Linux box where the sound is finally heard?  It's
>> been a bit of pain to describe in Google, so not many hits.  I know it's
>> a strange one but...
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Calvin.

It's not really.  I've begun looking for a aRTs (forgive the incorrect
capitalization) client for windows.  If I can't find one, maybe I could
cobble together or something.  I've been looking for a little side
software project anyways.  I came across some virtual drivers and though
maybe I could integrate one of those and the aRTs client to achieve what
I want.  Would be fun, but still don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Calvin...