[ale] dell laptop keyboard

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu Aug 30 11:31:26 EDT 2007

On Thursday 30 August 2007 10:00:11 am Warren Myers wrote:
> remove the pop-out panel across the top of the keyboard area, next to the
> screen
yup, I got the manual..
   1. Follow the instructions in Preparing to Work Inside the Computer.

   2. Remove the two M2 x 3-mm screws inside the battery bay.

1  M2 x 3-mm screws (2)

   3. Turn the computer over, and then open the display all the way (180
degrees) so that it rests flat on your work surface.

   4. Insert a plastic scribe into the indent along the right edge of the
hinge cover to pry the hinge cover loose.
(PLASTIC SCRIBE????)
   5. Moving from right to left, ease the hinge cover up and remove it from
the computer.

> remove a few small screws holding the top edge of the keyboard
> carefully pull keyboard, disconnecting control ribbon cable
> repeat in reverse for the new keyboard :)

   2. Remove the hinge cover (see Removing the Hinge Cover).

	NOTICE: The key caps on the keyboard are fragile, easily dislodged, and
time-consuming to replace. Exercise care when removing and handling the
keyboard.

   3. Insert a plastic scribe or small flat-blade screwdriver near the
keyboard retention tab on the left or right side of the palmrest to pry one
side of the keyboard loose, then pry the remaining side of the keyboard
loose, as necessary.

1
keyboard

2
keyboard retention tabs
3

palmrest

   4. Lift the keyboard and hold it up and slightly forward to allow access to
the keyboard connector.

   5. Release the latch on the system board connector to disconnect the
keyboard cable.
I'll wait for the keyboard to be delivered... and let you know how it goes:)

thanks!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800